Insurance companies have rules for qualifying for lower premiums and ADT home alarms meet them all. The insurance company gives lower premiums for the family that has security protection, but it must be protection that really works and they know that ADT home security does. Their bottom line is how much they might have to pay out on claims and with this level of home alarms they know that there are few claims and they are lower than the family that does not have this kind of protection.
ADT home security has a record of protecting families from burglaries, smoke and fire that other home alarms cannot match.
- ADT home security is a monitored home alarm that means it can call for help, at not one monitoring center like other home security monitored systems, but to any of the five ADT monitoring centers.
- ADT alarm monitoring includes other features like carbon monoxide monitoring, medical monitoring and water leak monitoring. Other home alarms do not have the features that can be added to this home security system to make it a total protection home alarm.
- ADT home alarms have technology that makes it possible to use a cell phone to make the call to the monitoring center when the alarm is triggered. Other monitored home alarms do not have this technology, which means when the home phone is disabled, so is the call to the monitoring center.
What Insurance Companies Know
What fact insurance companies know is the residential burglary statistics and part of the familyâ€™s policy premiums is based on this.
- They know that a house with no protection is three times more likely to be broken into.
- They know that there is an estimated burglary that occurs every 12.7 seconds somewhere in the United States, which means no neighborhood is safe from these criminals.
- They know at this rate of burglaries occurring that every one in six houses is burglarized.
- The insurance company knows most burglaries occur during the day, at a rate of 54.7 percent and most occur between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. when the burglar knows that the family is at work and school, giving them ample time to steal what they want.
- They know that the average burglary can result in $2,000 and up in lost property. This is cash, jewelry, electronics, guns and any other items that they can sell fast. The electronics include laptops, MP players, digital cameras and GPS systems.
- They know that locking the doors and windows does not keep burglars out, with burglars using the front door 34 percent, the back door 22 percent and the first floor windows 23 percent.
- The insurance company knows that statistics show burglars take approximately 60 seconds to break-in and then spend between 8 and 12 minutes inside of the house.
The insurance company knows that the call going from the ADT home security system is crucial, because it is what keeps families from having burglary claims. The burglar knows home alarms and they know that with the ability to use a cell phone that they have no chance of stopping the call. The other thing the insurance company knows is that this call and the alert that the fire department gets in seconds after the ADT home alarm has been triggered means that the fire is extinguished quickly and there is less damage, which means a lower insurance claim.